About Me

My photo
Embrace Life Take everyday as it comes, and Live with Passion!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

In with the new out with the old

So I am tired... tired of no succeeding with putting the important things into my daily life, and letting the little things take control. So this month will mark the first month of trying to reprioritize my life. The items that I want to take presedent in my life are : 1 - My Savior 2 - My Family 3 - My Studies 4 - Myself and lastly Work. So far this year the order was Work, Family, Savior, Studies, Myself... leaving me feeling totally spent and not successful in improving my health or my running. So I am tired.

How do I plan on changing this? Well it starts with running in the morning, before I go to work. My goal is that on a daily basis, I get 2 miles in, M-F. On Thursday night I still plan on getting in a 3 mile lake front run. And on Saturday start early working on a 6 mile out and back, hilly route. This is my goal. Each day this would provide me with at least 30 minutes of self reflection time. Then I plan on utilizing my train ride for study time, to improve in my knowledge of our Lord, and to re-affirm my knowledge with engineering so that I can finally get my licencing. At night when I come home, I can dedicate this time to be with the family, reading more to my children, and helping my husband with the chores around this house. (Another area in which I wish I had more time) Then the rest of the day is spent at work.

I will keep you updated to my progress with this goal... any encouragement would be beneficial...

1 comment:

Cher-El said...

I can sure understand that reverse order of things where work and "responsibilities" take over the time that needs to belong to my Savior and to me.... And I don't even have two kids and a husband to worry about! I've started going to Barnes & Noble, the Library or Starbucks just for half an hour or an hour to read before finishing the drive home. The fact that my hours have been cut is really helpful for getting some study time in before "duty" finds me and I'm back to all those other things that have to be done (like laundry, housework, etc.) I hope you stick to your plan! I hope I stick to mine, too. :-)