About Me

My photo
Embrace Life Take everyday as it comes, and Live with Passion!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A New Start --- Slow but Steady --- Update after ACL Surgery

Hello all - Brief update as to current statusSurgery went very well on July 15th. Dr. L was very happy with how everything went. Only deviation with the plan was the additional dosage of anestetic and additional time in the recovery room. All in all a three hour ordeal turned into a 5 hr ordeal.

CPM Machine was more my friend then foe... I actually had no pain when using it, and reached 110 degrees by the 5th day after surgery. We kept the machine for a few more days to continue using it as much as possible in my down time.

PT has gone very well. Started three days after surgery, and attend a session three times a week. The Knee is not sore, just stiff. Currently I have almost 100% flexibility back (125 deg, vs. 135 deg in the knee) and walking with relative ease..... Exersizes include bike, squats, walking (slowly increase from 7 minutes), and various other leg lifts/stretching things...I got confirmation from my Therapist that my goal of getting back into jogging in September is completely inline with how I am progressing, and that it is a great goal.. In fact last night he gave me a compliment that I am the only patient he has had that has almost all flexibility back within just a few weeks after surgery and no pain. I was soooo happy.... He was very pleased with my progress and stated that we are going to start the "fun" exersizes soon...I'm am totally looking forward to that....

I go back to the Surgeon in a few more weeks, hoping to be cleared for swimming.... also looking to start adding a pilates routine because the leg lifts are identical to those in a mat routine.... and I feel like my right side is lacking the focus that I have been directing to my left side.

So I say NAY NAY!

No comments: